Thursday, May 1, 2014

My New Pattern Based On My "Bella" Quilt Series For Sale

 I have make 6 wall hangings in the last year which I call the "Bella" quilt series.  Bella is good in Italian-rosa is pink, giada is purple and chroma is color. It uses 25-5" squares personally cut or from a charm pack and a raw edged fused applique technique over the pieced background. I have recently turned it into a pattern for sale on my website at www.laurieceesay.com. I am offering it as a class to teach as well. Below are three examples of the finished quilt which is 22" x 22."

Bella Rosa
 The first photo is the quilt I put on the cover of the pattern. It has a monochromatic color scheme and is a good example of how to work with value in selecting fabrics. I used dark brown for the applique and sewed beads on the front of the binding.

Bella Giada
This second photo is the original quilt I made using a charm pack of batiks and a dark purple batik for the contrasting applique. The fabrics are more muted.  I hand sewed flower shaped beads around the outside border

Bella Chroma
And last, I had mentioned I would not be doing a sixth quilt but couldn't resist and did a color wheel/color theory version with black as the contrasting applique color.

All of the six quilts are embellished with glitter/glue, nail polish, fabric paint, rhinestones, beads, sequins and some have flowers (silk/fabric) in the hair.

The patterns are available through my website and Paypal. Thanks for reading!! Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment