Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July and August=Gallery Season

I rejoined the Menominee Area Art Council (MAAC) and they are exhibiting at the University of Wisconsin-Marinette Gallery in the Arts Building during summer hours M-F and during the Theatre on the Bay Production of the Sound of Music. The play runs July 18-21 and 24-28. There is an artist reception on July 18th from 4-5pm which I will be able to attend. I chose my piece "Bella Gialla" for this exhibit because it has not been in a local exhibit and the size was small enough for the area. I personally love this quilt and the pink, blue and yellow versions as well!!
This quilt titled "Hera and Aphrodite" is on display at Farmers and Merchants Bank, 1644 Ludington Street, Marinette WI 54143 during bank hours. It is part of the "MAAC Attack" exhibit by the art council members and is on display from now until the end of August. there is a n artist reception in July but I am not able to attend since I will be in Rhinelander teaching.
This quilt called "Menominee Mermaid II" and the one in the next photo called "Geisha" are on display at the Harry and Laura Nohr Gallery at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Platteville WI July and August 2013 in conjunction with the Sewing and Quilting Expo August 2-3, 2013 in which I am an instructor!! Love this gallery and the whole event!  The mermaid quilt I made for an exhibit that didn't happen in 2012 and my "Geisha" quilt was my entry in the 2010 Hoffman Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment